Ms Mimi Parthasarathy, MD, Sinhasi Consultants Pvt Ltd, was part of an eminent panel of speakers at the flagship event – Cafemutual Confluence 2016 held on September 20, 2016 at The Lalit, Andheri East, Mumbai.
As the theme for the event was ‘Today’s Vision, Tomorrow’s Reality’ the plan was to have discussions on building blocks that would make the industry register exponential growth over the next 10 years. In this context , the panel discussion was on ‘Preparing for the distribution landscape”.
The Panel lists were:
- Kartik Jhaveri, MD, Transcend Consulting,
- Mimi Parthasarathy, MD, Sinhasi Consultants Pvt Ltd,
- Munish Randev, CIO, Waterfield Advisors
- Neeraj Choksi, Jt. MD, NJ India,
- Sharad Singh, Founder & CEO, Investza
- Mr. Prem Khatri Founder & CEO at Cafemutual was the moderator for this session .
Since distribution plays a critical role, some of the questions asked were:
- Only 10,000 ARNs are active. Addition of new ARNs continues to be slow. Even budgeting for banks and NDs, the number of feet-on-street is 50,000. What can be done to increase empanelment?
- What impact will regulations have? More RIAs? More Robo-advisers? More direct?
- Will each category serve a different market? or will they be competing for the same customer?
The key take- aways and overall consensus post the discussions were as follows:
- Client is King and advisory expertise and excellence, with relationship building and nurturing as the focus is most important for business success.
- Technology has been a key enabler to business expansion and is a must for all companies today.
- Robo –advisors are very important to widen the based for financial planning requirement at a nascent stage. But a one-on-one relationship is always a requirement as portfolio size increases and mature with more complexities and choices to be made.